Thursday 2 June 2011

My Monthly Favourites - May 2011

Welcome to June and the start of the Summer!

 
So May has just ended and its the perfect time for me to start my first 'Monthly favourites!' These posts are up there with my favourites to read so I thought id have a go and share with you all everything I am loving :)

 
My Products of the month

  • Got2b Hairspray  If you've read any of my previous posts I'm sure you would have clocked onto me being an avid lover of big and beautiful, full of volume hair so when my usual hairspray was out of stock I grabbed this purely on the price and pretty bottle not expecting much but oh was I wrong. I am totally in love and now have a new 'go-to' hairspray. It leaves my hair feeling fresh without that sticky residue with the perfect balance of movement and hold. Love the packaging, LOVE the berrylicious smell and most of all love the price.
  • Bourjois Chocolate Bronzer  This product has become some what of a cult on YouTube and blogs recently and I'm sure you have all heard a lot about it but I just couldn't not include it! I jumped on this bandwagon after hearing so many rave reviews i just couldn't not, what with Summer finally here who doesn't want that beautiful bronzed look. I have to admit from previously only seeing videos and pictures of the product i was a surprised at the size of the pan as it was a lot smaller than i expected but after getting over that its great! Once you get past the top layer of shimmer the formulae is the perfect matte colour to top off any tan.
  • Barry M blue eyeliner  Summer is always the time of year for me i try to pull back on the amount of make up I'm wearing attempting the more 'Au natural' look to try and let my what I have of a natural glow shine through! I push the black eyeliner to the back of my make up box and opt for something less harsh. This month Ive been reaching most days for the blue aqua colouring of this Barry M beauty. I love the speedy application and great pigmentation unlike many other blue eyeliners i have tried.

  • Babyliss Glam Waves  I was recommended these tongs by a friend and having a pair of Babyliss small barrelled tongs that I adore I gave these a go. They did take a little getting used to but once you've had a play around and find out what works best for your hair they are great for everyday use when your on the go. They heat up super fast and having four different temperature settings mean they are suitable for all hair types. The only negative I have found is to do with the design though, whoever put the on/off button there obviously didn't pay attention whilst using them as its very easy to switch them off without knowing so you just need to check every now and then they are still on. They are perfect for me when I'm in a hurry or cannot be bothered to spend ages on my hair as the large barrel means I can curl larger sections of hair saving lots of time!
  
My Perfume of the month
  • Eau So Fresh by Marc Jacobs - If you love the original 'Daisy' perfume by Marc Jacobs you will love this edition - a lighter, fresher, fruitier version. I cant get enough of this at the moment and have been reaching for it everyday to make me smile. The gentle pink bottle with Daisy's on the lid takes the original bottle one step further looking adorable in my bedroom. The smell lasts all day and has just the right mix of floralness and fruity. Ive lost count the number of times Ive been asked what I'm wearing this month!Love 'Daisy' but I am now an 'Eau So fresh' convert and can see me quickly getting through many bottles! 

 
My Jewellery of the month
  • Gold Clock Pendant from Urban Outfitters  - This is a rediscovery i found whilst going through my jewellery box recently- a gorgeous long gold clock necklace I was given for Christmas. I'm really into long chains at the moment to add something to a plain top or dress. I love the fact the clock actually works on the pendant so it is a great fashionable alternative to wearing a watch - say goodbye to watch tan lines this Summer!
  • White and Gold Ring from H&M - I picked this up quite recently but had to exchange it for a smaller size and have not taken it off since! I know many people won't like the matte finish of the white eg my family but personally I like how it stands out and is different. I think it'll look gorgeous on holiday with a tan.
My Songs of the month 
  • Rhianna - California King Bed
  • Jessie J -Nobody's Perfect
  • Kristian Leontiou - Fast Cars
  • Nelly and Kelly Rowland - Gone
  • Aloe Blacc - I Need A Dollar
My Nail Polish of the Month

  • Peach Melba by Barry M  This has been my go-to  nail varnish this month, a peachy pink colour perfect for spring/summer. I do find I have to apply more than one coat for the best colour but looks great with a glowing tan (even if it is out the bottle!) I hear it has been selling out fast so go grab yours while you can!



 
What are your favourites this month? Has anyone tried the new Bourjois Volumizer Mascara with 2 steps and 2 brushes? I am contemplating this as my next purchase!

Hope you are all enjoying the sun at last, I hear its not sticking around long!

 
-Hannah Kimberley ♥

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment