Tuesday 31 May 2011

Stand out this Summer.

So unless you've been living under a rock for the past couple of months I'm sure your be aware of the trend of the season - Colour Blocking!

Browsing the shops of Manchester this weekend I realised just how big the trend is becoming on the high street. The shops are defiantly looking brighter and bolder than many Summer seasons I can remember which I'm just loving!

 After dragging my brother (very unwillingly!) around Primark for a good half an hour, I assessed just what i had 'thrown in' and to my surprise the clothes were very bright and bold. Perfect colour block colours! Just as I had mustered up enough confidence to buy the gorgeous hot pink blouse and orange shirt an irritating little voice came from my brother telling me id never wear them because they were 'too bright'. Unfortunately he was right. I tried to justify a convincing argument(to myself more than him) that he was wrong but i sadly just couldn't and so regrettably I walked away!



I did however pick up this little clutch bag I'd had my eye on for a while which although more subtle has the pink and orange I was so attracted to and a gorgeous royal blue shirt which I know may not be as out there as some of the colours spilling off the rails but seems to be the perfect transition piece for me, maybe next time ill be brave enough to embrace the colours... So that leads me to the question...

Are you confident enough to colour block? Let me know how you're adapting this trend to your wardrobe.

-Hannah Kimberley

No comments:

Post a Comment