Friday 12 August 2011

Review - The Body Shop 'Vitamin C Skin Reviver'

First of all let me start by saying i've been having an absolute nightmare over the past week with my posts. It has honestly been driving me insane with frustration. Every time I post anything it fails to show on mine (or anyone else's dashboard) for days or even not at all - urggh. So I wonder if this is even going to publish...hmm fingers crossed.

 
Please excuse my rather well used and loved tube!

What The Body Shop say: "'Our favourite Vitamin C product. Instant smoothing radiance with a silky smooth finish; an ideal skin pick-me-up to enhance your glow. With Amazonian camu camu berry, known to have one of the highest contents of vitamin C in nature, and Community Trade brazil nut oil. For dull skin."

What I say: The saying 'Mums know best' in this case defiantly applies here! I was first introduced to this product around 2 years ago whilst having a snoop through her products and here I am many tubes later having never strayed.

When I first started using the 'Vitamin C Skin Reviver' it was packaged in a quality looking glass bottle yet after a revamp of the Vitamin C products it is now packaged in a slightly less expensive looking plastic tube! However this slightly disappointing looking tube does have its advantages - being changed to plastic makes it a lot more practical when travelling its far lighter in terms of weight and far less likely to be smash or be damaged (which is great for someone as clumsy as myself!) For any of you familiar with the Bourjois 'Healthy Mix' Foundation the tube is very similar to that which as you know is great for getting out every last inch of product (unlike the glass bottle which proved a great struggle towards the end) resulting in more product and better value for money!

The gel formula feels so soft almost like liquid silk and releases a gorgeous orange citrus scent perfect to awaken your senses first thing in the morning. The Body Shop advise you use after your moisturiser which is how I use it and before my foundation offering as they say 'the perfect base for your make up application.' This works perfectly for me as I have dry to normal skin however if you have oily skin I do suggest using instead of a moisturiser and moisturising at night instead. This non greasy gel means my make up glides on effortlessly with no irritation, redness or breakouts.

Most well know for offering tired, dull skin sought after radiance it needs is no exaggeration here.  It leaves your skin bright, refreshed, lifted and illuminated. This is achieved by the gel itself containing small highlighting parts.
If your looking for something to improve the look and feel of your skin, look no further and head to The Body Shop!

Vitamin E Skin Reviver £13.00

The Body Shop do a whole range of Vitamin C products so next time I'm in there I'm going to pick up the 'Daily Moisturiser SPF 30'  have any of you tried any of the Vitamin C range?

-Hannah Kimberley ♥

XXX





3 comments:

  1. fantastic post !

    kisses,
    Klaudia B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got this when the vitamin c stuff first came out and fell in love :)
    it's the same texture as the gosh velvet primer but with added brightening benefits - gorgeous review!! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh. I'm definitely thinking of getting this now. I haven't read one bad review of it!

    http://completedisbelief.co.za

    ReplyDelete