Friday 5 August 2011

Review - Dove 'Nourishing oil care' Shampoo and Conditioner

I'm slightly too excited to share this post with you I don't even know where to begin!


First things first I should confess to my terrible hair habit...
 I am an obsessive compulsive hair washer! 
There's little I can stand more than my hair being dirty, greasy, oily - whatever you'd like to call it! Even washing it at night doesn't suffice for me I need it clean clean clean!
I've never had a 'go to' shampoo or conditioner. I usually just find myself browsing the aisle of my local Superdrug, Boots or Sainsburys until something grabs my attention and that does until it runs out. My V05 big bottles had just ran out so once again I found myself wandering up and down debating which to buy. To be quite honest with you I can't even remember the reason this stood out to me - most probably it was on offer (and not one to resist an offer!) I thought I'd give it a go.

What Dove say  - "Dove's unique nourishing care system containing weightless natural almond and coconut oils, made of molecules so fine they are rapidly absorbed to deeply nourish and replenish essential nutrients."

What I say - I was skeptical an 'oil care' product may cause my hair to become more oily quicker but it has seemed to have had the opposite effect.
 I've been using the shampoo and conditioner together for 2 weeks now and can go two days without having to wash it! I wake up to clean, fresh hair, ready to be styled (you wouldn't believe how much extra time I seem to have in the mornings!) The main difference I have found from using this is the texture of my hair. I can't state enough just how soft and silky it leaves my hair feeling.
If you have read previous posts of mine you'll know I recently went to Spain where my best friend also nabbed this in the shower and she was just as stunned at the results. There both of us were at dinner constantly running our hands through our hair!
 If your after incredibly soft, frizz free locks then look no further. In my opinion id think it would work best for medium to thick hair. However if it's volume your after - this isn't for you, stick with the original Dove shampoo.
 As far as the packaging goes it's sleek, elegant and classic - a great combination to fit perfectly into any bathroom. It smells clean and fresh which lasts in your hair through out the day -I just have no negatives to say about this product!

I can't state enough how truly soft and silky this makes your hair - even my boyfriend commented how amazing it felt! Go pick this up for an introductory offer of £1.25 at Sainsburys now!

I've also heard they have an 'Express Treatment Conditioner' out which I can't wait to get my hands on and see how it compares to the Aussie '3 Minute miracle.'

Have any of you tried the Dove haircare range?

-Hannah Kimberley ♥

XXX





3 comments:

  1. Very interesting! Definitely something I need to try
    xx
    I LIKE IT FAST

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dove shampoo normally makes my hair greasy :( The conditioner is the most amazing one I have ever tried though. Used it religiously for years! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review! I love Dove :) xx

    ReplyDelete