Monday 27 June 2011

Liz Earle - One week update

As a few of you may or may not know I recently wrote a post saying I had finally given in and convinced myself buying the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish was the right thing to do. To be honest I think I would have always brought it it was just a question of when. I mean with 99% of the beauty community loving and raving about it - surely this product must be no short of amazing?


First impressions of the company were great. My package arrived quickly after ordering it off the Liz Earle website and the packaging and effort put in was to a very high standard. Along with the starter kit they also threw in an extra muslim cloth and a sample size of the cleanse and polish. The extra muslim cloth is a great bonus to switch up when one is in the wash and the sample size is also the perfect travel size.
Who doesn't love a freebie?

As the normal tedious bedtime routine of removing make up approached I found myself looking forward to seeing what this much loved product had to offer. Just as many reviews I read had said I couldn't believe how easily my eye make up melted away - no stinging or irritation at all. I like to make sure I have removed everything from skin so as to how much product I use it varies between 2-4 pumps. I have seen reviews of girls only having to use one pump per cleansing session(?!) but personally for me this wouldn't do the job. I think unrealistically I was expecting my skin the next day to be noticeably better. Unfortunately this wasn't the case!

Day one after using the Cleanse and Tone I couldn't tell much difference, no extra blemishes or breakouts and equally no change in appearance or texture. Day two is where I started to notice a change - extra breakouts and blemishes and by day three it was noticeable my skin had changed and not for the better like I had initially expected.

I am very aware this could all be coincidence or just my skin adjusting to a new product but I cant help feel disappointed with the results so far. Although my first reaction was to immediately stop using it I want to give it a fair chance to see if this is just an initial glitch so I am going to battle through and continue for four weeks and then its make up my mind time!

Has anyone else had similar bad experiences at first with the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish?

- Hannah Kimberley ♥



No comments:

Post a Comment